Thoughts of Faith

I woke up this morning with swirling, churning thoughts.

My personal devotional is continuing my study of faith.

As I read the first scripture on my list I remembered another scripture:
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.  

--Matthew 17:20

Then a story I heard in church recently came to mind.  I do not know who told it, but it goes as follows:
There was a woman of little faith, a skeptic, who encountered a believer.  She was told about this scripture and challenged to try her faith.  There was a hill in front of her house that blocked her view of the countryside.  She prayed for it to be moved so that she could see.  When she woke in the morning she looked out her window.  The hill was still there.  She turned away, disgusted, saying, "I knew it wouldn't work."

I think I have acted like that woman.

We have a mountain to move--getting our old house cleaned up and properly repaired for our tenants while caring for and educating our children.

If we have "faith as a grain of mustard seed" we can move a mountain.

But faith is hard work.  

My husband has been out working hard.  I need to do the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anne's Day in the Life: 17, 16, 12, 10, 9, 8, 8, 7, 5, & 5

Review: Drive Thru History® – “The Gospels”

The Second Week