Reading With A6--And Watching the Future Unfold

A6 and I did not get to do school together until the sausage for dinner was on the stove. 

It was just one of those days.

I thought about skipping it, but I'm so very glad we didn't.

We read the first chapter of Frog and Toad are Friends by Arnold Loebel.  We've read it before--as a fun read aloud by Mommy to the kids.  But having A6 read it to me was like hearing it for the first time . . . for both of us.

She laughed.

She laughed that belly-laugh that only the very young laugh.

As she laughed I saw that her missing front teeth are about to be not missing anymore.

It will soon be hard to categorize her as one of the very young. 

I looked deep into her eyes. 
I beheld their sparkle.
I soaked up their delight.
I basked in their youngness.

And I tried not to ache that she is leaving her little girlhood; rather, I tried to look forward to the big girl that is coming.

Oh, how I love her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anne's Day in the Life: 17, 16, 12, 10, 9, 8, 8, 7, 5, & 5

Review: Drive Thru History® – “The Gospels”

The Second Week