Record It on Earth

This morning I read from The Doctrine and Covenants section 127.  It is about the need to properly record ordinances that are performed on earth.

Standing out in particular to me this morning is verse 7:

"That in all your recordings it may be recorded in heaven; whatsoever you bind on earth, may be bound in heaven; whatsoever you loose on earth, may be loosed in heaven;"

I've had this very verse floating around in my head for a few weeks now.

And today I came accidentally across it in my personal studies.

I don't think it is an accident.  I think it is inspiration . . . even command . . . to do a better job at keeping our family history.  To write intentionally and purposefully.  Not to waste time at the computer--not to spend more time at the computer--but to sit down and write.

That the treasured (and mundane) moments of our family may be preserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anne's Day in the Life: 17, 16, 12, 10, 9, 8, 8, 7, 5, & 5

Review: Drive Thru History® – “The Gospels”

The Second Week