Finding the Right Bird

J10 came to me a couple of days ago, "I'm allowed to spend unlimited time looking up things on my tablet, right?"

I wondered where she was going with this.  "Umm, not really unlimited, but you can spend extra time beyond your regular turn if you're doing research.  And you know you can only do that in a common room of the house that has other people in the room with you," I answered cautiously.

"I want to look up a bird I saw in the field yesterday.  It was beautiful--black with red markings on it."

I don't know why I was so cautious--this is my least-likely-to-try-something-sneaky child, "Yes, you may look it up."

She then spent some time looking for it.

And she found it!

It is a Red-winged Blackbird.  She pored over the site she found, reading all about it, feeling so proud of herself for what she'd accomplished.

She inspired her sisters, too.  They all ran together to our bird-identification posters to study and compare.  They looked at the pictures J10 found.  They talked about birds and hiking and playing outdoors. 

.
.
.

Now where are those nature sketchbooks I put safely away when we moved?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anne's Day in the Life: 17, 16, 12, 10, 9, 8, 8, 7, 5, & 5

Review: Drive Thru History® – “The Gospels”

The Second Week