A Week, Briefly (July 11, 2022)

 It's still hot and calm around here.

I haven't done another math activity yet.  I'm not sure why I keep forgetting . . . It's been long enough since I prepared that I need to prepare again! 

But we did go to the library.



We got the piano tuned!!


We played with the babies.  Nature Angel is tossing Cheerios into Lil K's mouth! The littler ones are hoping for misses.  😂


We went to the park.




Pokemon is serious stuff for these two!

We had a grand tea party with Amish friendship bread, hard boiled eggs, cherries, strawberries, and cheesy puffs.  We read some more Mother Goose and Eugene Fields poems.

Ladybug got to help make the bread.


Nature Angel completed one of her museum sketches.  Her phone shows the statue she copied.


Our 3-minute music appreciation session went well.  We listened to one portion of Divertimento in B-flat major by Mozart.  It's getting to be time for me to pull out art supplies and challenge the kids to draw what they heard.  They're getting good at telling me about it 

The kids played a lot of board games this week.


We watched a bunch of David Zinn videos.  He's a chalk artist, and he's AMAZING!  I found some charcoal to go with our sidewalk chalk, and the kids had a blast!

Paintbrush:  by Baymax

Lion:  unknown artist

Alligator approaching a waterfall:  by Lola

Alligator swimming:  by Ladybug 

Bat:  by Ladybug 

Ghost:  unknown artist 

Actually, I think the ghost started as something else by Baymax and was turned into a ghost by Beowulf.  But I'm not sure.

I do know I need to get more sidewalk chalk and charcoal because it rained, and the kids are itching to fill the blank canvases all over our yard.

We voted to stop reading the book about Alexander the Great.  It was slow and challenging and had become a task to complete instead of a joy to experience.  I moved Jack and Jill from lunchtime reading to bedtime and started Caroline and her Kettle Named Maud--our first book for the second half of American History for Academy.

The kids don't know it's school, and I'm leaving it like that.  

I wish I'd captured Brother's face when he thought Caroline was getting a gun for her birthday.  I think his heart broke as badly as Caroline's did when she got a kettle instead.

Temperatures this coming week are going to climb even higher than they have been.  

And The Duke is getting a baby sister!  Mom's being induced on Wednesday!!  I can't wait to meet the new baby!



Comments

  1. What a wonderful week. I am so glad you all are having such a peaceful and lovely time at present.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nature Angel's art just blows me away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you caption the Works of Art in your yard! :D

    We need to have our piano tuned. :sigh: Maybe once school starts?

    We had Amish friendship bread for months before I finally got overwhelmed and quit making it. It was so good, though! People would see me coming with a ziplock back of starter and say, "NO THANK YOU, you already asked me." LOL

    Very impressed with Nature Angel's drawing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anne's Day in the Life: 17, 16, 12, 10, 9, 8, 8, 7, 5, & 5

Review: Drive Thru History® – “The Gospels”

The Second Week