2021-22 End of Year Assessment--Belle

 


Belle doesn't take pictures, and she's never in them, either!  I'm going to have to get some done of her ASAP.  Our friend volunteered to give Belle a free photography session (and she's very good), so it will be fun to have some gorgeous portraits of my darling girl.

Belle has been transitioning out from under my homeschool supervision.  She took 2 classes at the community college--1 each semester for dual enrollment credit.

Fall semester:  Communications 100:  A:  1 high school credit
Winter semester:  College Algebra:  A:  1 high school credit

With her prior 22.75 credits, these two put her at 24.75--a perfectly acceptable college preparatory level of high school work.  Indeed, she was accepted to SVU for admission Fall 2022!

Belle has decided to defer her college enrollment to serve a full-time mission for our church.  She's had her first meeting with the bishop (the leader of our local congregation), and she's filling out paperwork now.  We've decided to enter her availability date as February 2023 because that will allow her to be home for her youngest siblings' baptisms which will take place at the end of January 2023.

Belle is my first seminary graduate!!  Two of her older sisters graduated early, so they had good reasons for moving on without graduating from seminary, so I've never worried, but it's sure funny to have my first one be my 4th child. :)

Throughout the year, Belle worked between 15 and 30 hours a week at Freddy's.  Once school was out, she accepted a full-time job as a receptionist at a chiropractic office.  She'll keep working there until she both receives her mission call and reaches her assigned date of departure.

I tried very hard to get Belle to complete 1 semester's worth of study about the US Constitution.  Knowing about our constitution is important to me, but it clearly is not important to Belle.  She did do perhaps 20 hours of study--using video presentations by Hillsdale College and doing some reading from the textbook published by Hillsdale.  I am making myself content with what she has done for no credit rather than fighting her into earning another half credit that she neither needs nor cares about.

I have not given her a diploma.
I have not thrown her a graduation party.

Yet.

Sir Walter Scott has suggested that in lieu of a party, she and I should take a trip together to a place where we could see one of the musicals that Belle loves so very much.

We'll see.

I am stunned when I think how Belle is child #4 to graduate from our homeschool.

Comments

  1. A trip together sounds WAY fun! Love Belle! She is so quiet, so thoughtful, and so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I second the trip idea! I think you two would have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anne's Day in the Life: 17, 16, 12, 10, 9, 8, 8, 7, 5, & 5

Review: Drive Thru History® – “The Gospels”

The Second Week