Ughhh! Covid!

 

The only picture this week is of my kids doing an object lesson for Come, Follow Me during Morning Meeting.  The kids tried to make eggs stand on end (of course, they couldn't).  Then we added 1/4 tsp salt, and we could help the eggs stand up easily!  (idea credit: here)  We compared the egg to the job of building Zion.  Alone it was impossible.  When lots of little salt grains (us) worked together, we could do it.

It was fun, and we had two good days of school (including finishing both Mr. Revere and I and The Golden Goblet) before I was taken down by covid.

I could feel in my bones that this was not an ordinary cold, and I was too sick to do anything, so I hid myself away while the teens ran the household for a couple of days, and Sir Walter Scott pitched in when he was home.  When we didn't have any daycare babies, I came out of my room to find that Baymax had a raging fever, so he and I cuddled up for a day together while I could at least supervise enough to give the teens a little bit of a break.  

My test came back positive for covid.

Now Belle and Nature Angel are feeling ill.

We are moving forward as though all illness at this point is covid.  Belle requires a test to be allowed back to work, and our little boys have a birthday party to attend next weekend, so they're scheduled for tests, hoping they can still go, but I predict we'll be hunkered down together.

I will say that quarantining when we had covid last January was a whole lot easier because more of the world was shut down than is this year.  The kids are missing fun activities and seminary, and our daycare babies' parents have it harder because there are fewer work-from-home options, so they're uncertain about what to do for their children.

While I was down, the teens read to the kids, conducted preschool, made meals, opened up art tutorials for the kids to draw, encouraged outdoor play, supervised showering, supervised chores, and played nature documentaries, so some school and a lot of regular life went on even in my absence.  

I love, love, love my teenagers!!

Today is day 5 of me being sick.  The fatigue is passing, but the congestion and coughing are growing in force.  I got up and managed meds and communicating with the various people our quarantine will affect in the week ahead, but now I'm feeling rather balloon-headed.  Sir Walter Scott is managing meals. and corralling the still-healthy kids.

I'm planning on lots of "documentary school" next week!

Comments

  1. COVID brain is the worst part of it I think! Prayers for spectacular healing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does NOT seem fair that you guys got it twice, especially with the repercussions that followed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anne's Day in the Life: 17, 16, 12, 10, 9, 8, 8, 7, 5, & 5

Review: Drive Thru History® – “The Gospels”

The Second Week