A Week, Briefly (7/1/19)

We stayed home most of the time.

Brother built a fort during quiet time one day.

Sand and water held their attention all week

It was a better week for the young ones . . . except Ladybug.  Her behaviors are rocketing out of control.

She did successfully complete another week's worth of spelling and another 3 math lessons.

Mister Man's quiet time construction

Little kids in the sand pit gave the tweens opportunity to take over the wading pools.

The teenagers worked a lot.


Lola stalked a butterfly . . . the butterfly got safely away.

Nature Angel and Mister man created a whirlpool and then put toy trucks in it so the trucks looked like they were driving madly in circles around and around the jar.

Sir Walter Scott took the teens, Nature Angel, and Little Princess to a fireworks party on the night of the 3rd.  I kept the young ones home.

Nature Angel helped make dinner before the party.

 Then I took the younger 8 to the park early on the 4th--before the storms hit.


We watched 2 episodes of Little House on the Prairie during the storms, and then we read I Can Read About July 4th, 1776, sang Happy Birthday to the U.S. and had birthday cake.


As for me, I'm wondering if I need my own set of meds . . . I got very close to taking myself to the emergency room for help on Friday.  Instead I talked to my therapist, called my mom (she's an LPC), and texted a friend.

Comments

  1. Oh my friend, I hear the exhaustion and frustration in your writing. I am glad you were able to find some support when you needed it and hope that you can get more rest and support. It truly is such an overwhelming task raising such high end special needs kids. You do a marvelous job, but the days are so, so very hard. I am praying for you.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the last couple of days have been better and pray that the rest of the week will be. I honestly don't know how you do it. How you deal with all of the special issues in your house with so much strength and grace. I am so glad you found the support you needed when you needed it. I only have one child who has some sort of behavior issues I don't know how to define. She had two massive meltdowns this week that has left me physically and mentally exhausted and wondering about my parenting capabilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not alone. I wonder the same thing every day. I see, though, through your weekly posts, that your parenting capabilities are strong and good. I will add you and your little one to my prayers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anne's Day in the Life: 17, 16, 12, 10, 9, 8, 8, 7, 5, & 5

Review: Drive Thru History® – “The Gospels”

The Second Week