A Little Bit More Almost in the Full Groove

 
I just want to squoosh and kiss and drown in this beautiful boy.

I took Little Mister outside before it was unbearably hot.
Lola and Baymax followed us.

Sir Walter Scott took the kids to a Royals museum/display/interactive feature near his work.







We hit another library branch on  Wednesday.  The kids got to choose their own subjects to write about.  We had Little Mister again that day, so my hands were busy keeping a toddler happy for 2 hours in a library!

But I caught one picture at the end . . . he was "helping" Ladybug with her school bin!! 


Ladybug's practical First Aid/CPR activity was practicing drag techniques.

Baymax was her willing and heavy volunteer.

(But he's still less than 100 lbs, so heavy is going to have new meaning for her as she develops her skills!)





I think Sir Walter Scott took this picture on the way to the butcher to pick up our pig.
Ladybug and I were at Worlds of Fun for her birthday celebration.

Little Mister loves to help!
(How grateful I am for a tiny person to remind us all to smile!!
It is so much harder to smile without tiny people.)

Ladybug's gift from Nature Angel was a gift certificate for a sister date to a couple of new K-pop stores in the area along with a purchase of her choice (within a certain dollar limit).

They had so much fun!!

(And the rest of us were confused because we don't have the same K-pop obsession they do.)


Nature Angel said she couldn't resist capturing Ladybug's face!

Ladybug's gift choice.
They made a whole unboxing video together.
Ladybug squealed with delight more than once.

We celebrated more than one birthday this week!!

Little Princess made this triple decker cake for herself.
(She wanted to!!  I offered to make one for her!!)
It was chocolate with raspberry cream cheese filling, toasted almonds, chocolate almonds,
and ermine frosting.
Heaven!
We finished The Little Prince.

I cried.

We started Freak the Mighty.

Mister Man has read it more than once, and he said, "Oooohhhh!  I'm going to cry!  We're all going to cry!"

And we started Western Civ. along with American History.

I read this today:
" . . . that's the worst thing about being a parent: that almost everyone does their best, but almost all fail regardless." (My Friends by Fredrik Backman)

I feel this in my bones . . . my stomach . . . my very most inner-of-inner parts.

And yet, some tiny flicker of something wants to rebel against it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Week, Briefly (In Which the Week Gets Rough)

A Week, Briefly (Summer is not over)

A Week, Briefly (10/30/17)