Oh, Nothing

I came home from my first appointment with a midwife (there IS a happy, healthy baby growing within!) to find my kids outside . . . just kind of pottering about.

And I feel so very thankful.

It's what I've been waiting for since May.

I've had to make the computer completely off limits and give them almost no direction for how to spend their days for a month for them to remember the joys of doing Nothing out-of-doors.

“What I like doing best is Nothing."

"How do you do Nothing," asked Pooh after he had wondered for a long time.

"Well, it's when people call out at you just as you're going off to do it, 'What are you going to do, Christopher Robin?' and you say, 'Oh, Nothing,' and then you go and do it.

It means just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering."

"Oh!" said Pooh.”
―A.A Milne, Winnie the Pooh
 July has just begun.  Originally I had intensive remedial spelling activities and math work planned.  But we are not going to do that at all.

We are going to do Nothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anne's Day in the Life: 17, 16, 12, 10, 9, 8, 8, 7, 5, & 5

Review: Drive Thru History® – “The Gospels”

The Second Week