A Week, Even More Briefly Than Usual (End of July)

 This week was so fraught with trauma, that I don't even want to write about it.

Our daycare is mostly closed (the parents of The Munchkin and Sugar Bear are crazy enough to choose to stay with us).

I'm not ready for school to start.

Brother and Beowulf are having dangerous breakdowns, and we've had to use the safe room again.

Before the disaster that ended our daycare.

The boys' leaders sent a few pictures of camp.





One afternoon, I took the kids to the swimming hole.  




And there has been more Pokemon play than imaginable.

It's been dangerously hot outside, so I haven't required outdoor play.  

All of the kids purchased new sets recently, and Mister Man's arrived in the mail this week.

We've committed to Teaching Textbooks for the year.  

Everyone is happy with it.  

We finished the biography of Julia Morgan and Life of Fred: Cats.

We are still reading In Search of the Castaways . . . maybe we'll finish it this week!!

Nature Angel is recently recommitted to practicing the guitar and crocheting.  She keeps them up almost all of the time, but this week has been quiet (after the disasters), and she's been working more deeply on her projects.

American Rhythm starts in a couple of weeks.  I had a (long) mom's meeting to organize the year, and we got it done!

Now Nature Angel and I need to get songs chosen and start choreography because we have to do a lot of teaching.  

(Our director has been the victim of dreadful traumas of her own, and her family will not be able to participate, so last year's co-director has taken over.)

I've done a lot of book-sorting and shelf-cleaning, and we're close to starting school.

I've also actually worked a lot of time on the assessments that I have yet to finish, but they're still just not finished.

I registered Nature Angel and Little Princess for seminary.

We're supposed to start a new chore rotation tomorrow . . . so I have work to get done this afternoon.

Comments

  1. Oh dear. :( My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anne's Day in the Life: 17, 16, 12, 10, 9, 8, 8, 7, 5, & 5

Review: Drive Thru History® – “The Gospels”

The Second Week