2 Dances

This post is basically an online photo book.  Not much content--just a bunch of photos taken by other people that I managed to luck into because I had my hands too full to take pictures of my own.

(Thank you, friend photographers!)

Dance #1:  The Homeschool Winter Family Dance


The new venue and our late arrival kept my kids on the sidelines for a while . . . assessing . . . working up the courage to dive in and have fun.

Food is always an icebreaker.

And precious friends are hard to resist. 









This shot melts my heart every time!
 
These are two of my favorite friends, and they are both taking their families on marvelous international adventures starting this summer.  I'm happy for them, but I'm sad for me.  I'll miss them so much . . . and there's no guarantee they'll come back to this same area when they get done traveling.  One friend is headed to Guatemala for a year (or so) and the other will take her 4 kids on a world tour of undetermined length--but probably for 2 years at the minimum.

The dance is done, and we're waiting for a turn to change into jammies for the ride home.

The boys are changed and waiting on the girls, and they're enjoying being quizzed on spelling and math while they wait.


Dance #2:  Our AR day volunteering for the youth theater fundraiser.  Though the theater looks empty in some of the shots, there really were people in the audience watching the kids.  We raised a few bucks for the future of youth theater.

That's Nature Angel and Pixie at the microphones during All God's Creatures Got a Place in the Choir.

Belle and Pixie are opposite one another in "Itty Bitty Pretty One."  It is such a cool dance!  And that's Nature Angel behind Belle helping with the poles.

Mamma Mia--Pixie is easy to see, but Belle is the last tiny face on the right.

Waiting in the halls . . . always waiting!

The only shot of my Little Stars.  Oh!  How cute they were from the front!  Lola invented her own grand finale of tackling Baymax instead of standing in the final pose for all three shows!!

Belle and Pixie are #2 and #3 from the left in When Johnny Comes Marching Home.

Little Princess, front and center, in Let's Twist Again.  Nature Angel is behind her, and that's Ladybug's arm on the left. :)

I love watching these two concentrate when they're partners.  That's Ladybug's face in the back.

Mister Man got called into last minute action substituting for one of my dancers who was home throwing up that day.  He got 4 practice runs through Old Dan Tucker, and then went out and danced!  It was rough around the edges, but he got it!  I'm proud of my little group for rolling with the punches.

More Mamma Mia.

Waiting in the wings.

More twisting.





We managed a group shot at some point in the day.  Pixie says she has a better one, but she's not given it to me yet.  She's standing on a riser to be tall.

Comments

  1. Both dances look fantastic! Wow! What an amazing opportunity for your friends to travel. It is so hard when friends leave and may not return. It reminds me of our military years.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Pixie is dancing barefootes at the Winter Dance. She's obviously my find of girl! And the look on Ladybugs's face in I think the 7th photo down cracks me up. Sorry to hear that you are losing two close friends. That's tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! The littles have grown so big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great collection of photos and everyone is smiling and having such fun. How exciting for your friends to be going off on world adventures. We loved our time spent living in Peru. I hope you're able to stay in touch with them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anne's Day in the Life: 17, 16, 12, 10, 9, 8, 8, 7, 5, & 5

Review: Drive Thru History® – “The Gospels”

The Second Week